How to stay motivated!
Hello beautiful people! How are you? Now that the weather is warming up and people are starting to move around, I thought it would be great to talk about staying motivated on your goals!
5 Ways to Stay Motivated
- Find like-minded friends. One major perk of this quarantine is we have all become more resourceful. You do not need to physically sit in meetings to get goals accomplished. Two of my friends joined selling groups on Facebook to sell products and have been making money. I took Shonda Rimes Masterclass after reading two books on writing screenplays and joined a group of female writers. It has been great to check in weekly and hold one another accountable for our goals. We met on Zoom once a month for 3 hours and go over each person’s goals, one another’s script notes, and protentional film-related interest. By having a deadline and people to hold you accountable, you are more likely to get your goals accomplished instead of delaying them.
- Schedule your time. Think back to high school you had to be in class from 8:00am to 3:30pm. Then dance class (or whatever fun activity your parents paid for or pushed you to do) from 4:00pm-6:00pm, dinner at home at 6:30pm, homework from whatever time dinner ended till midnight. Then you woke up and did it all again. This quarantine has given a lot of us the time to make our own routines, find a schedule that works for us. Schedule time to meal prep a few items so all you have to do is microwave them and go. Schedule time an hour to work on a passion project every day. Do you have a business you want to start? Dedicate time to researching it, reaching out to people you know whose brains you want to pick, see if there are articles from a magazine or newspaper in that industry to give you more insight.
- Know your why. Why do you want to do this? Is it because you want to retire in 10 years instead of working for someone else until you die? Is it because you want more time to focus on your parents since they are getting older? Is it because you want to be there to want your kids grow up? Knowing why you want to accomplish your goals will motivate you to keep pushing forward even in the scary times.
- Feel the fear and do it anyway. Sometimes we get excited about a new beginning then we immediately start to panic. Do not play the what-if game. You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take, it’s better to try and learn what not to do next time then to spend the next 10 years wondering what would have happened if you hadn’t let fear get in your way.
- Do not let other people’s insecurities overcome you. We all have relatives, friends, and significant others who mean well but are incredibly negative. The minute you mention working out, starting a healthier lifestyle, wanting to start a business, or looking for a new job. They cut you off and start belittling your choices. Do not be afraid to work on your project and potentially launch it before telling them. You have to limit the number of people you give the power to speak into your life. If they want to stay at the job they complain about every day, not making the best food choices that’s fine, but that does not mean you need to apologize or stop trying to better yourself. Honestly, after a while, these people will come around when they see how much happier you are and ask you for tips on how to improve their life. Just keep your head down and focus on your why.
Your mental health is so important. How do you stay motivated to accomplish your goals?
2 thoughts on “5 Ways to Stay Motivated!”
These are great tips – I find having friends with similar drive and goals helps me to stay on track massively xx
It’s so much more fun to and gives you something to look forward too!