Hello beautiful people! I hope you all are staying safe and healthy, that you’ve managed to get the necessary supplies you and your family needs for the next 2 weeks.
- Try to practice social distancing. Stay home! You can reach out to your friends through the Internet. As an extrovert, I know how hard it can be to sit in one place without a bunch of people to interact with, but this is the perfect time to call your grandparents and chat on the phone ask them things like what their childhood was like? Often we don’t take the time to stop and think about how life might have been different for our grandparents when they were growing up versus now. This is a great time and a beautiful reminder to try to get to know our older loved ones even better than we currently do.
- Text your friends and schedule a call! Seriously, when is the last time you caught up on the phone with a friend. A decade ago I l knew so many of my friends and my ex-boyfriends’ numbers by heart. (Full disclosure, I still know my 5th grade best friend Daniela’s house phone, so if anything ever happens I can call them and my mom). Nowadays I don’t even know anyone’s area code.
- Clean out your closet. We all know the spring cleaning usually starts now anyway and what a better time to do it than when you’re stuck in your house. Make a game out of it, FaceTime a friend and put on a fashion show in your closet. Try on different things and showing them like the famous scene in the Sex and the City movie. Then you can make a pile of giveaways for a date when it’s safer to go out or even offered to give some of the pieces to your friend when we’ve all been lifted from the band.
- Clean your apartment. We all know as life gets chaotic, we get busy and we don’t take the time to dust off the shelves or wipe down our bathroom counters as often as we need to. Now is the time especially if you’re someone who has a lot of skincare and makeup products. Good news now you have the time to do all that because what else are you going to do. Put on some YouTube videos and get to cleaning before you know it 2 hours will go by and your house will look speaking span which feels amazing.
- Donate any excessive products you have. If you find you have an excessive amount of cleaning products or medical supplies please, please look to donate to your local old folks home or homeless shelter it’s incredibly frustrating to see so many people hoarding products to these days like it’s the end of the world. This is not a zombie apocalypse and we all need to be more supportive and respectful to each other be the bigger person give what you can.
- Read a book. There are tons of E-books and most libraries have an online link to a variety of books, and magazines you can read. You’ve already paid for the library with your taxes so take advantage of this. You should be able to log in with a simple library card if you already have one. Did you know that last year 24% of American adults did not read a book? We need to do better America.
- Join Facebook groups. There’s literally a Facebook group for everything you like cosplay put cosplay into Facebook and I’m sure you’ll find one you like. Enjoy Game of Thrones? There’s a group to discuss that. There is even a group of people who like knit. You may make a new friend from another part of the country or discover people that live in the same area as you that you could eventually hang out with once this is over win-win!
- Watch TV. Enjoy watching scripted and reality shows. There are so many entertaining shows out there and now is the perfect time to Binge watch a show. Might I suggest something fabulous from Amazon like Fleabag or Schitt’s Creek and Insatiable on Netflix? I also hear Killing Eve and Billions are pretty brilliant.
- Keep calm and carry on. This is temporary and we will all get through this if we’re just patient and take this time to set back think about the more important things in life like the ones we love who we want to be and trying to make our world a better place.