I’ve wanted to see Cirque Du Soleil for years, but never had the opportunity to go. My mom gifted me with tickets this year for my birthday and I must say I will make it a priority to go from now on! Cirque Du Soleil was founded in 1984 in Canada. The entire concept was to think of how a modern circus would be, they used juggling and fire breathing to create a spectacle.
- The colorful detailed costumes. At the beginning of the show, these two beautiful birds came out with long wings that they fluttered. The bright emerald green, cobalt, and violet. There was a butterfly whose giant wings spread across and fluttered in the wind. Ever costume moved with the performer seamlessly.
- The breath-taking stunts. The sheer athletic ability of these performers is worth going! I know you’re thinking it’s so expensive, but when you see how many performers are swinging from the ceiling, flipping off their friends’ backs and shimmying up poles you’ll honestly think they deserved more $$$.
- Every Cirque has a different storyline they have done shows based on Avatar, the Beatles, Crystal and the Luzia one I saw.
- Cirque brings back the childhood feeling of wonder. How do they come up with these ideas, colors, storylines, and script?
- They use the five of the elements of drama: plot, theme, characters, music, spectacle. There is also a mystical use of water and wind.
- You will come out inspired and energized to do new things. Whether that’s writing, working out, acting or singing.
- Unlike other circuses, you don’t need to worry about animal abuse. There are no animals in the show!
15 thoughts on “7 Reasons You Need to See Cirque Du Soleil”
This is still high on my bucket list! ❤️
I fully recommend making it a priority :)!
these performers do very hard work…… and one must see them and admire their efforts…….
I completely agree. It’s crazy to see what the human body can do!
While these are all brilliant points, i think the real selling point for me has to be the last one – I love circuses but not at the expense of animals. Will definitely make a note to go!! Great review post lovely xx
Oh, you are so right, such events are super inspiring! Glad you had an opportunity to see one 🙂
We watched O is Vegas and it was worth every penny. Mesmerizing.
Mesmerizing, is the best word to sum it all up :)!
Hi! I have nominated you for the Liebster Award . Check it here
Thank you so much Syeda! I actually did one a few months ago 🙂 I can’t wait to read your post!
Wonderful round up of reasons, Keri! Those performers in Cirque du soleil are SO impressive. Props to them for being so entertaining! I love that they don’t have animals in the show either – that would break my heart.
Thanks Kim and I completely agree!
Hi! I have nominated you for Liebster Award . Check it here
Your mom is generous giving you some tickets, I heard it’s not very cheap. It is eye fascinating to see fantastic acts like this. I am sure you had a ton of fun.
StyleSprinter Blog by Katya Bychkova
I’m incredibly blessed to be her daughter 🙂 and it was a blast! Now I’m dying to check out another one hahaha.