I am very grateful for the Liebster Award nomination from Ana! Ana has a sweet, humorous and supportive writing style. Whether she is reviewing makeup, clothing, hair products or just telling others to put themselves out into the blogsphere. The purpose of the Liebster Award is to discover new blogs.
What is this Liebster Award?
The liebster award is an opportunity for bloggers to promote their blogs as well as informing their followers and readers of other bloggers by continuing the nominations further.
11 Random Facts About Me
- I’m usually cold so I always have my heater going at work.
- I never can decide what I should be for Halloween, so I usually go as a flapper last minute.
- My goal is to be a working actor in the SAG community.
- There are genres I would love to work in film wise mystery/drama, comedy, historical fiction, action and psychological thrillers.
- I was never afraid of horror films until I started going to Universal Orlando Resorts Horror Nights.
- I changed my major with a year and one semester left and still graduated on time.
- One of my favorite side jobs was being a delivery driver, since my schedule was flexible, the customers for the most part were nice and the guys I worked with made it fun. We often had some of the most personal conversations about life, our dreams and beliefs in the most respectful way.
- I love singing both parts of, “A Whole New World” by myself.
- I love watching the 2012 version of Sherlock with Rachel McAdams since it is witty and satirical.
- Shoes are my kryptonite.
- I love listening to all types of music depending on my mood. Sometimes that’s Adel, Kanye, Rhianna, Frank Sinatra, Brad Paisley, Jason Alden, The Killers, Nicki Minaj, Justin Bieber, Joan Jet, Stevie Nicks, Kendrick Lamar, Chainsmokers, David Guetta, Steve Aoki, Sarah Bareilles or theatre showtunes.
Questions I was given
1. What inspired you to start your blog?
I have been following blogs since 2008. I also had a Myspace page my friend and I ran with quotes and icons. We got a decent following and I had a ton of fun with it until Myspace died and Facebook took over. I wanted to start a blog in high school, but didn’t have the time and thought it would cause more conflict in my life.
2. Who is your favourite beauty icon/celebrity of all time?
I don’t have beauty Icon so to speak. I love the look of old hollywood (minus the super thin eyebrows) since all the women looked different and plastic surgery/ botox were not common. Celebraty fashion wise, I love Blake Lively’s and Madelaine Petsch’s style. I think it’s cool that Blake does not usually use a stylist! Meanwhile Madelaine’s stylist is worth her weight in gold and can dress me anyday!
3. In no more than 5 words, what is it that you love about makeup?
Used to highlight your beauty.
4. How much time do you spend blogging weekly?
My goal is to post Tuesday. That way I have time to shoot photos, explore new place on the weekend or see a new movie. If I have a good amount of time twice a week. However, I currently have about five post I want to write about and two sitting in my drafts. I do spend a ton of time reading and commenting on other blogs, since I do enjoy reading about other individuals passions. Lately I have only been doing this twice a week, but I aim to spend an hour four nights a week.
5. What is your favourite genre of music?
See number 11 hahaha!
6. Which makeup product can’t you live without?
Mascara long thick lashes! The eyes are the windows to the soul everyone.
7. Which person has influenced you the most in your life?
I think a variety of people have. I have a lot of strong women in my life that have taught me it’s important to be intelligent, independent, kind and unafraid to love. I also had a college professor that made me fall in love with writing. So thank you Dr. Klauza. You mean the world to me, for showing me how to express myself and introducing me to unique literature like, The Yellow Wallpaper.
8. What is your favourite drink?
Matcha Green Tea Blast. Favorite alcoholic drink Margarita on the rocks.
9. How much do you usually spend on your daily makeup routine?
Ten minutes I value my sleep. If I have an audition thirty minutes depending on what age the character is and what type of girl she is.
10. Which is your next travel destination?
Unknown. I had to push back my London/Paris trip till next year. I may go somewhere in the US for a quick three day weekend.
11. Which is your favourite book and why?
A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libra Bray. It is a mixture of mystery, feminism and romance, set in a Victorian time period. The story takes place at a boarding school and the four main characters draw you in. I appreciate that Libra Bray made Gemma a strong Protaginist, who continues to fight the constraints and expectations of women in this time period. Sidenote: I met the author a few years after she wrote the book and completely fan girled when I saw her at Books and Books in Miami.
There are so many blogs I enjoy, but I wanted to showcase these three that have intrigued me recently.
Wildfire Movies -The recommendations and variety of films discussed is amazing. A must read if you want to expand your film knowledge!
Reema’s Garden -I am always fascinated by beautiful balconies in apartment complexes. Reema’s blog tells you how to create your own beautiful garden on your balcony!
Arya Chic – She reveals the history and individuals behind some of the most well known fashion houses.